Litigation and Risk Management in Southern California
The Firm represents clients in every stage of civil litigation, including trials and appeals. The Firm also provides risk management and exposure-limiting counseling.
Big Firm Quality
Before opening the Firm, Erik Pritchard was a complex-litigation partner in an international law firm. Erik has represented government entities, corporations, not-for-profits, and individuals in federal and state courts in a variety of disputes. Recent representations include:
- Numerous summary judgment wins and zero-dollar settlements for non-profit safety training program.
- Resolved multi-million dollar real estate dispute on eve of trial, resulting in complete victory for client.
- Advising numerous organizations on risk management strategies.
- Briefed on behalf of numerous amici, resulting in the Ninth Circuit issuing a unanimous en banc decision overturning its "federal defendant rule," which had severely limited intervention in suits under the National Environmental Policy Act ("NEPA") in the Ninth Circuit. The decision removes unique barriers for a private party or state or local government to join in the defense of the federal government's NEPA analysis.
- Removed defamatory online claims without litigation.
- Obtained summary judgment, upheld on appeal in Ninth Circuit, enforcing insurance policy pending or prior litigation exclusion.
- Obtained summary judgment regarding whether an insurer is required to defend an employer in wage and hour lawsuits.
- Obtained $15.25 million arbitration award for client involving the purchase and sale of a luxury home.
- Represented the County of Los Angeles against the Los Angeles Unified School District regarding the proper allocation of tax dollars.
- Obtained summary judgment regarding whether an insurer must pay for costs incurred responding to an inquiry from the Securities Exchange Commission.
The Bottom Line Matters
In addition to top-tier representation, the Firm provides clients with alternative billing arrangements, including hourly, project, and case billing. Clients receive a realistic budget. Clients do not receive billing surprises.
Our clients are our teammates. We learn our clients’ goals, provide regular updates, discuss strategy, and work together toward success.